THERE IS A BETTER SOLUTION FOR REMOVING UNWANTED HAIR
You may be surprised to learn that virtually your entire body is covered with hair. Because most of this hair is fine and pale, it usually isn’t visible to the naked eye.
But, when darker, coarser appears in places which may make you uncomfortable –like on the face, neck, abdomen, breast, legs, or underarms in a woman or on the shoulders, chest, and back for men, it may be time to consider hair removal with the LighSheer Diode Laser.
UNDERSTANDING HAIR REMOVAL
In the past, the usual remedies for the unwanted hair including plucking, shaving, waxing or chemical depilatories. Some are painful, some are messy and all are only temporary.
For long-term hair removal, electrolysis is popular and effective, but it is a time-consuming procedure, which can be painful and useful only in removing hair in small areas.
During electrolysis, an electric current passes through a needle to destroy each individual hair root. It typically takes months and numerous regular visits to clear even small areas, like the upper lip.
Laser hair removal is a more effective solution. The LighSheer Diode Laser is a state-of-the-art system specially designed to remove unwanted hair faster, with less discomfort and more reliably than other methods.
ABOUT THE LIGHT SHEER LASER TREATMENT
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted by the laser is well absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles. During the procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, long enough to heat up the hair and significantly impede the follicle’s ability to re-grow. This process also treats numerous hair follicles simultaneously. Therefore, LightSheer is appropriate for treating even the largest areas of the body both quickly and effectively.
An important part of the procedure is the cooling of the skin. A special contact-cooling handpiece allows your physician to treat even the most sensitive skin. It protects and cools the upper layer of the skin before, during and after each laser pulse while directing the laser energy to the hair root.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- The length of a laser treatment may last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- It is important to know that hairs in an active growth phase (referred to as Anagen) are most affected by the laser. And hairs that are not in this phase (referred to as Catagen or Telogen) will need more than one treatment to achieve the best result.
- The laser treatment itself may cause some discomfort. But because some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, topical anesthesia can be an option.
- The appearance of the treated area immediately following treatment will vary from patient to patient depending on the extent of the procedure and skin type.
- Side effects, if any, are minor, it may include redness and swelling around the hair follicle which is in fact, desired clinical results and indicate that the follicle has responded to the treatment.
We will be happy to tell you more about the treatment, possible side effects and what you can expect during your consultation.